Friday, October 26, 2007

Moderation

I cannot imagine having so little to do that I monitor a blog that belongs to someone I dislike. Since I track the traffic on my blog, I know who it is. This particular person is a Mediacom customer in the Davis Junction area, who has visited my site at least 109 times since I began tracking. I know a few people in that area. But I don't care, too much. I managed to get beyond the everyone-must-like-me stage a long time ago. Besides, I usually take insults well. It's easy to put someone down, call them names and point out shortcomings, and if that's all you can do, I don't take them too seriously. My point is that it's all about perception. There are so many points-of-view and I am all for hearing another side, but this is my blog. If you want to say something, do it nicely or get your own blog. If you are mature and intelligent enough to voice your opinion without the childish name-calling, I will not delete it. I do, however, appreciate the post. Not only because of the humor current and previous coworkers and I found in it, but because, even though I deleted it, I do not want to be a jerk; and posts like that make me think about who I have become and whether or not I am happy with myself. (The answer, by the way, is yes. I am very happy with myself.)

If you think it is bad of me to switch jobs because of the pipe smoke, consider that there are worse things I could do. I could report him, since it is now illegal to smoke in buildings in Wisconsin, unless more than half of your business is a bar. But I won't, because aside from this, I like this guy. He's very knowledgeable, down-to-earth, funny, and we get along.

And seriously, folks, nobody is forcing you to read this blog. In fact, it's mostly meant for my family. And after years of being so shy that I would blush when anybody said "Hi" to me, I am proud of how far I have gotten in life. I may not be intelligent, but I'm not an idiot, and I will be proud of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say this person does not know you at all. You make me laugh when we talk about the stupid things people do and you keep me sane but you are very helpful when somebody needs it. You work with other people better than I could and keep your cool around those people better than me. You just keep on venting and know that you are smart and I love working with you!