Saturday, August 01, 2009

I jumped out of a plane...

I did it. I want to do it again. Tomorrow sound good to anyone?

I went skydiving. I decided to go about 2 months ago, and have talked myself out of it several times since. I'm glad I kept talking myself back into it. It was not at all like I expected. It was cold, uncomfortable, and I had a blast!

Forget everything you think it would be like (except the windy bit). There's no "I'm afraid of heights; it's too high!" there's no "I'm falling!" No ground rush. The biggest issue I faced was remembering that I could, in fact, breathe despite the bitter cold, 122 mph wind in my face. I could have jumped out the plane myself without being pushed. Heath agreed, and he's afraid of heights. I recommend this past-time. I especially recommend Midwest Sky Dive.



You guys were great!

Here I am with my instructor/parachuteman while he makes final adjustments on his equipment; and being led by him to the plane.





Here is the first plane I've ever been on taking off (with Heath and I in it).

and I didn't even get to land in it.


Here are people falling.



Here is Heath falling.


Really... that's Heath!!!


Here is me falling!

Really... that's Me!!!


So... seriously, when can I go again?

2 comments:

dad said...

UUGGHH! i'm way to old for this

Katherine said...

Hooray! Whee!