Sunday, July 01, 2007

Birthdays

Yeah. I'm old.

But, I did get a cooler that I can bring in to work on Mondays, leave for the week, and bring home on Fridays. It plugs into the lighter socket in the car, and my car is so great it even has one of those in the very back for the very purpose of plugging handy-dandy things like this into. It will be great when we go on vacation! They also bought me an adapter for it so I can plug it into an outlet. I plug it in for about 1 1/2 hours every morning at work and its good for the rest of the day!


See how cute it looks next to the air purifier in my office.


I also got flowers...



I love getting flowers. I get them randomly throughout the year, which is nice because when my birthday rolls around and I get flowers, nobody knows that its my birthday. They just figure its yet another day that everyone else remembers what a wonderful husband I have. Except, this year, the place he ordered them from decided to do things a little bit differently....



Do you see it? The Happy Birthday stick in the middle. Yeah. I get a call from the receptionist desk "Could you come down here, there's something at the front desk for you." So I trot on down the stairs and around the corner and Tah-dah! There they were. All beautiful and smelling pretty, and one of the girls says to me "Why didn't you tell us it was your birthday" and I said "What?" They pointed to the cute little stick.

Luckily, I really didn't mind if they all knew it was my birthday, it was just the act of telling them myself that I minded, so it all worked out fine.

Thank you to everyone, I had a wonderful turning-old-birthday.

Also, I have to say, Happy Birthday, Sarah. I'm getting old, and you're not too far behind me. :)

No comments: