Saturday, May 16, 2009

This week...

I am being groomed for management; and I like it. This week: Corporation, LLC, and Not-for Profit Annual Reports. Simple forms to fill out and a good start to learning business law.

This last week went by quickly; though my latest project is going well.
This week I saw:


Note the red light... I was stopped when I took this picture.

A jeep that made me smile. I felt appreciation?... admiration?... for this expression of joy. I don't know their reasoning for this. Maybe they bought it that way and never changed it. Maybe they are really happy and wanted to let people know. Whatever the reason, I have to believe they have made more than just me smile at that. I may be sarcastic and annoyed, but I am happy; and happy to see other people happy.


I also saw this:

Cute little chipmunk when I pulled into my driveway. Staring at me like he was completely innocent before running down a hole where my sidewalk meets my driveway. He's not as innocent as he (she? I didn't look; couldn't figure out how to explain to a chipmunk and my neighbors that I was just curious) looks. Be careful if you ever visit me... the sidewalk might cave in on you from the holes this (adorable) little rodent is digging under it.

I don't have pictures, but has anybody else ever notice just how pretty and peaceful the cemetery on Auburn and Main Street is? I've paid a lot of attention to the trees and grass blooming in this cemetery for the last few months; and have come to appreciate the beauty and tranquility that appears to be out of place at this busy, loud intersection.

Staring out the window at work this week, I watched two little boys who live in a nearby house playing basketball. It was a child sized, plastic basketball hoop and the oldest boy (maybe 7 years) could reach the top of the rim. The youngest boy (maybe 3 or 4 years) was about the height of the bottom of the netting. I watched the older brother help the younger brother hold and throw smaller sized basketball. Kids are cute when they're not screaming and yelling.


I still watch the fireman come and go and do various things outside during the day. I plan on stopping by sometime this summer with some treats. Of course, I have been saying that for a couple of months now, but I would like to show support somehow. And say thanks for entertaining me during the weekdays.

No comments: