Saturday, June 09, 2007

What I dislike

Here's a post that could go on forever. However, I have one particular story to share with you:

A man's wife has his picture on her desk for a while. It eventually gets moved to a drawer as there is not a lot of desk space and the picture gets knocked around. The husband does not really care, but one day offers to get her a frame so she can put it up on the wall, or somewhere out of the way, but still visible. The wife says "No. I don't really want to bring my personal life to work, and it would give everyone around me something else to talk to me about and I don't want that."

The husband doesn't think much about this until the next day when he remembers that her walls are full of "personal-ish" items (cartoons, calendars, and other odds and ends that would cause plenty of conversation.)

Is it really that big of a deal that she can't just tell him, I don't want your picture up. There doesn't have to be a reason.

I dislike fake answers.

That is all.

No comments: