Sunday, August 05, 2007

There and Back Again

We returned from Charleston after a 17 hour drive. That's right. We left around 2:00ish here time (3:00ish there time) and arrived home at 7:15ish here time. Only stopping for gas and a brief food break. It was nice. Accomodations were great, food was good, plantations were beautiful, ships (U.S.S. Yorktown and a Submarine and a Destroyer) were neat, I was tired. After walking so long that I had blisters covering the majority of my feet and I never thought I would regain feeling in them, the car ride wasn't so bad. It got uncomfortable, and there was the hour where we only traveled 7 miles or so due to road construction, but road trips are nice.

I have pictures and maybe I will post some sometime, but right now I'm feeling lazy. And a bit depressed.
I got an unexpected call Friday from an attorney in Rockford who wanted me to come in for an interview. I went. The job description was pretty much exactly what I wanted. Actual paralegal work (going into trial with the attorney, meeting with clients and prepare documents, research, etc. and also office manager with a staff of 5 or 6 full timers) but, (yeah, there's a big but here...) she works in family law. Lot's of divorce cases. (sigh) If I don't stand against it, I am condoning it.
When the attorney called and spoke with my husband this morning, she made it abundantly clear that I had to call her back today. So I did. And when she asked me if I was interested, I cringed as I told her that yes, I was interested in the job description, but unfortunately I was not interested in the area of law that she practiced.
That was not easy.
But, hopefully Michelle got a job out of it. She also interviewed there. And I said good things about her. Good luck, Michelle.

No comments: