Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Cops

Thanks to my mom and dad, I know that the weather is wreaking havoc on roads, alarm systems, and mobile computer systems. And I'm enjoying every minute of it. Or hour of it, in this case. I have had this scanner since yesterday late morning/early afternoon and have not been able to put it down for any significant amount of time. Except when I was trying to sleep, and that was only because it kept waking me up.

The Christmas party was fun, though we all missed grandma. Mike, Jen, their baby-in-the-making, and Jacob showed up at the very end and while his white elephant gift was mighty good (the exact same box of cheerios he received as a white elephant gift last year wrapped in an uncountable amount of plastic bags and duct tape), I think dad's white elephant topped them all. A hard hat filled with random items; and by random items I mean we think he had cleaned out his truck and used his hard hat to place the small items he was bringing in, then just decided to wrap it as a white elephant gift. Lots of fun!

I didn't make it to church today as the wind, snow, and arctic cold we are having made even my car barely drivable. I hope that all who have to travel today are well and safe.

Thanks to all who showed up and for everything everyone brought. While gifts are nice (I can't believe how many fire alarms have gone off in the last hour), I can honestly say that the time spent hanging out is far more enjoyable than anything I received. To my family - I love you all and look forward to many more family gatherings. Thanks to making yesterday an enjoyable day!

No comments: