Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Tribute

Heath and I learned yesterday that his brother was hit by a deer on Friday. We found out inadvertantly when somebody thought we knew and started discussing said accident. Then I read about it here, in his wife's blog.
He's okay. Some stitches and scratches. His new-used car with barely 16,000(?--this information keeps changing on me) miles on it is another story, though.
He got hit by a deer. Of all the people for deer to do this to, it really should not be him. I think the greatness runs in the family.

This is the guy who, when checking on our house and cat during one of our vacations, endearingly apologized to the ants that were invading my cat's food while he killed them. Because he had to. And it was not easy for him.

This is the guy who will not eat a tic-tac because it has a product in it that may or may not contain a trace amount of milk (or something like that).

The guy who rarely complains and when he does it is usually followed by something nice about whatever he complained about.

The guy who has been polite and accepting of me since the first time we met, and who found an incredible wife who has done the same (these people are very smart, intellectually and worldly--while I barely graduated from a small town school).

So, my point is--We are glad you are okay. And glad that you have insurance.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Wanda, I'm so sorry you found out second-handly. Nick (of course) didn't want to make a big deal of it, and didn't want to alert everyone. Nick.

And thank you for your compliment -- you are so thoughtful. But don't sell yourself short, my dear (deer? HA!). It doesn't matter where someone comes from or what their GPA is -- it's what kind of person they are. And you are the best kind. Best.