Friday, December 22, 2006

Happiness... of the holiday kind

Christmas. I love Christmas. It’s so magically colorful. My parents always went way overboard on Christmas and we kids reaped the benefits. It still holds that same magical spirit, though I do remember that somehow without fail, every year on Christmas Eve I did something incredibly stupid and got into trouble. Oh well.


Due to the holiday, and other reasons, many people have too much time off right now. Namely, my dad.


Knowing the overwhelming feelings that overcome me every time I am subjected to the nauseatingly over-loved Elvis Presley, my dad finds it amusing to educate me on any Elvis facts he can find. His newest bombardiness comes by way of email, where he has been supplying me with “This date in history--Elvis Presley” news. Yea. Lucky me.


Just remember--you haven’t gotten your present yet. And after Saturday, just remember--your birthday is in 6 months.


Have a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas

What a wonderful time of year, Seeds catalogs arriving by the dozens. Well ok they started showing up around Thanksgiving, but I didn’t start to look at them till this morning. Sitting here on this fine Christmas morning without my eggnog and cookies, as it seems, someone polished them off last night, but that is ok because he left me LOTS of good things (I was a very good boy last year). Well enough chitchat let’s get down to Bees Wax.

I normally don’t write into these things but I see a few thing needin’ straightening out. I still can not figure out why EVERYONE who knows me, or hangs around me for more than 5 minutes keep telling me I have to much time on my hands. Just wait until I retire, mmmmuhahahahaha.

Now even though this message I am replying to was sent in at 7:50 on Fri. it was to late for me to read then. You keep us busy Saturday with a great Christmas party so I didn’t have a chance to see this posting until Sunday. Now Sunday was the day before today, Hence it might be referred to as Christmas Eve day, and since I read it later in the day you might sort of say I saw this on Christmas Eve. With all that known now one might just come to the conclusion that your getting in trouble on Christmas Eve record is still intact.

As for this Elvis thing, why I am not sure I know what you are talking about. By the way did I see http://www.elvis.com/graceland/calendar/christmas/christmas_trivia.asp in the favorite folder on your computer?

Have a wonderful and save Christmas, oh heck make it a year, who knows maybe next year you won’t get enough coal in your stocking to heat a third world country. From the folks, or at least one of them, will be in touch.