Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Regarding Slackness

Is it really the 10th already? There was a holiday?

Regardless of how fast the last couple of months have been, this day seems to be lasting forever. I do not mean the kind of forever that starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m., but the kind of forever that started yesterday morning, allowed for little sleep, and is still plaguing me.

Sometime yesterday morning, amidst an otherwise normal morning, a sinking feeling began to grow in my stomach. The kind that you usually get after something bad happens and you nervously await resolution. Only, I have not received resolution. I don’t even know what is wrong.

More than 24 hours later (too few of those involving sleep), I still cannot shake the feeling. My employees actually decided that it was “women’s intuition” and that everyone should go home because they believe strongly in “women’s intuition” and something might be wrong. For the sake of going home and catching up on some sleep, I wanted to agree with them, for the sake of not wanting anything to be wrong, I will live without the sleep.

Anyway, in house flip-i-ness news, things are going well. We found a realtor willing to go for 5%, and we are almost ready to put it on the market. I will be happy to have some time back.

That’s all I can manage for now, as the nauseating nervous feeling appears to be staying for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ack! I hope you haven't found anything to substatiate that feeling, and that it has gone away and left you in peace.

Oh wait, we're seeing the FIL & S-MIL this weekend. Is that it? Because I've got it too now.