Monday, March 19, 2007

"One cannot put a quart in a pint cup"

We went to the new Wal-Mart by us this weekend. Convenient, yes, but the extra traffic and lights are a bit annoying. Anyway, our first experience left a lot to be desired. Click here and read the 3/16/07 post. Probably best to do so before continuing with this post.

The experience was not enough to keep me from the convenience (I work with these type of people; I have to increase my patience in dealing with them), so I returned on Sunday. Our good ol' pal Lamont was working as the Greeter. A much more suitable position, in my opinion, and the girl at the checkout had no problem whatsoever keeping her hands off the cancel key, thus allowing me to use my card. Amazing. I felt like shaking her hand and offering her a job. The smile, the friendly attitude, the ability to run the cash register. Not to mention the cognitive skills--not only did she notice she was low on change when helping the person ahead of me, she actually had the forethought to ask someone to get her change BEFORE she needed it! She's already ahead of two of the staff in my office. (Gives you a lot of confidence in the legal system, doesn't it?)

No comments: