Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Shut up, Baby. I know it."

I work with a young lady who cannot walk outside our office building without getting hit on. Whether she's standing outside on break, or we're walking down the street to get lunch, it never fails, and it always amuses me to hear the poor-excuses-of-pick-up-lines. Especially when they're in Spanish, as her knowledge of the Spanish language consists of "Hola" and anything that can be taught by Peggy Hill in a half-hour viewing of "King of the Hill". (Okay, to give credit where due, I will admit she has learned a bit more than that.) I, however, will not be outdone!

My shopping excursion, in which I learned I have no idea what to get my 3 year old niece for her birthday (but had no problem finding several office supplies I wish would fit on my desk), ended most unproductively. I must have been upset over not buying anything and it must have been obvious because, while at a stop-light, the kind gentleman in the car next to mine decided to cheer me up (hello west side).

"Hey Hunny. Damn, yous fine. You a sexy li'l hottie!"

Restraining the urge to throw myself at him, because I so love a man who cannot put together a proper sentence, I began to wonder what, exactly, he expected in response. Was he reenacting a scene from "Pretty Woman". Was I supposed to put on a blonde wig (hehehe) and say "Hey baby. You lookin' for a date?"

Several seconds, and comments, later, the light mercifully changed and I continued making my way back to work. Not sure it was the better option, but I stand by my decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to date a stripper. Incredibly hot tall skinny girl. Looked spectacular in a sun dress.

I will never forget an evening that I was out with her downtown. Some thug just walked up to me and said:

"Damn dog, you's out with a bad girl tonight!"