Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy 8th of January!

I was all excited and ready to post on New Years Eve. We had a ton of snow piled on our deck and I was going to write Happy New Year and take a picture with my pretty, new digital camera. But I didn't get my pretty, new digital camera. The shipping company didn't want to deliver it until the 2nd of January. While I could have done the aforementioned writing and taken the picture with my phone, I was too grumpy that I didn't have my camera. So I didn't.

Then, of course, the day my camera was delivered I had to go work at one of my previous jobs that I left for better pay and benefits and I did not get to play with my pretty, new camera until late. Having respect for my husband not wanting his picture taken (so that he, in turn, respects my wish to not have my picture taken), I could only take pictures of the cat (who is not at all camera shy and seemed to enjoy having his picture taken-and more to my surprise was the fact that he could be photographed! He actually showed up in pictures!); but both he and I got bored of that fairly quickly, so I spent the rest of the night flipping through the features.

Then my sister-in-law's doctor finally told her that it was time for her to let that baby out, which I had been telling her for close to 2 weeks, and I got to babysit my neice and nephew.

I was going to take pictures galore!

I planned on it, anyway.

I knew I would have them overnight, what I didn't plan on was having them for 2 nights. 37 hours, actually. If I'm not mistaken: 37 hours and about 15 minutes.

37 hours of a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a cold.

I love those kids, and I would watch them anytime, but Gary - Sarah: I can't believe you had another one. And how do you try to explain that fire DOES NOT live in the smoke detector and that the clothes in the closet WILL NOT come to life while trying not to laugh.

Sick or not, I loved it. I got some cute pictures (and video of them racing stuffed animals down the stair railings),but I was sick and wasn't as excited over the new camera/cute kids combo as I should have been.

I'd do it all over again, preferrably without the cold. In about 3 years, right?

Welcome home Sarah and Lydia. I can't wait to see the baby, whom I haven't seen yet, because "as previously discussed" (hehehe--Dear Biller: that will never get old!) I am sick. Knocked-on-my-butt-staring-at-the-ceiling sick.

So, any visits to newborns, pictures from new, pretty camera, or noteworthy posts will have to wait.

1 comment:

meek84 said...

"as previously discussed"

*runs screaming from the room*


Not really but it sounded good. =P

~M