Sunday, February 18, 2007

Time

Now that the house is done, I get to enjoy my weekends again. I did little else this weekend aside from cleaning the house and reading. And I enjoyed it. It is hard to get used to not constantly doing something, and even though it has been several weeks since we finished, I am still dealing with the feeling that I am being lazy and should be working on something.

I am not complaining; things worked out pretty well, actually, considering the 50+ hours I have been (and will be) putting in at work for a while. Still no hope of hiring someone else to fill in the vacant position. In fact, an applicant relocating to the area was turned away this last week. Not sure why, but I did visit several other offices in the building to find someone who did accept the resume and made a copy--as much as I hate to admit it (because I feel like I am failing) I cannot do two jobs. (sigh)

I have been enjoying my free time more, and have been doing well on the Through the Bible in a Year project I recently posted about, only to find that soon the church will be hosting Friday night get-togethers regarding the same. Maybe now is a good time for me to do the Big Brothers/Big Sisters thing that I have been slowly...applying (is that what do you do for these things... apply for a volunteer position?) Well whatever you want to call it, I turned in the forms. It's been over a year since I obtained the initial information. I have been working with an incredibly nice Social Worker on this, but never made it to one of the training sessions they have. Seems like a good time. Maybe that is my next "something I want to do" project.

No comments: