Sunday, April 15, 2007

I got a new job! I got a new job! I got a new job!

Hooray for me! I technically didn’t even apply. They got a hold of my resume and gave me a call. Anyone looking for a legal position, send your resume to the local bar association. It works.

For those interested in the details:
It’s a Legal Secretary/Bookkeeper position 10 minutes from home. Jeans on Fridays, all major holidays off, and they care enough about their employees’ well-being that sometimes they just give everyone a day off. I will even have my own office. Bookkeeping is the main part of my job, but it should only take approximately 20 hours a week, and the rest of the time I will be doing legal secretary work.

In 2 weeks I will be done with my 50+ hour work-weeks. Overtime is on an as-needed basis, but not the norm.

So, 10 hours less a week plus 40 minutes less driving time a day, I’d be insane not to take it!

Does anyone want to tell that to my current boss? After an hour and forty-five minute discussion Friday in which she tried to convince me to stay, I broke down and told her “I am not going to make a decision right now.”
Gasp and call me an idiot all you want--it's different when you’ve been under that much stress for that long. I’m not completely stupid--I am not staying. Even after the email I received from her this weekend. Unfortunately, I now have to go through the entire thing again on Monday when I tell her no.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh god, how did it go?

And, Congratulations!

meek84 said...

SOOOOOOOO?!!!? Where's the update?

~M