Monday, April 30, 2007

"It's A Happy Day..."

So, I got attitude instead of cake and a request to give up my Saturday mornings to “help out”. Idiot.

But that’s okay. I put up with that for two weeks and now I have my own office with a cute little window that is bright and sunny in the morning (it faces east), a radio in my office, decaf coffee just a few steps down the hallway, and a seemingly amiable group of people to work with.

The President is (aside from his pipe-smoking) rather fun to be around, I am being trained by my sister (or at least someone who acts a lot like her and has her first name, though she spells it wrong, and is just as nice), and did I mention I have a radio in my office?

I have recently loaded my IPod with a ton of classical music and was listening to it (sneakily--having long hair comes in handy here) when I would get too stressed at my previous job (so, yeah, all the time) but now I can hook speakers up to it and play it all I want without hiding it… Hooray!

I got in my car at 5:08 p.m. and pulled in my driveway at 5:14 p.m.. Heath said I didn’t seem too excited, but I think it’s just that I am not about to have a nervous breakdown. I am content. And that makes me happy.

So, it will take a little while to settle in, but the lady training me will be in 3 times a week, and will stay at this office for about two weeks (or until everything gets caught up) before moving to the other office not too far away.

Ahhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

meek84 said...

I told you that it would amaze you how fast you would de-stress after leaving there.

I have a radio too, at my boss's suggestion no less. And a nifty water cooler which also dispenses hot water for my tea so I don't have to carry a thermos of hot water to work with me....and hot water in the bathroom to wash my hands.

It's really the little things like that which show you just how nice a job can really be. =)

I'm so happy you got out. One more to free and I might actually be able to forget about that office.

~M