Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I write to vent

I'm sick. Fever, throat on fire, everything moving in slow motion, sick. But I'm at work today. Another employee has today off as it is a holy day (see below) so I have to be here. Also, I am still fighting to take the next 2 days off. So, the boss walks in at 8:00 this morning, looks at me, and says "What's wrong with you now, you look like crap."

Nice.

I almost never call in sick. I take days off for vacation or a long weekend here and there, but those are planned in advance, so to me this seemed highly inappropriate. I told her I was sick, that I had what another staff member had when they missed a day and a half of work (which is unheard of for her, also) and what my husband is getting over. She said, with a tone of such frustration and anger I wasn't expecting, "Well then why don't you just go home."

Excuse me? Really?

It took everything I had to not drop the paperwork I was holding and walk out the door.

1 comment:

meek84 said...

You should have just said "thanks" and left. Don't let her push you around.

~M